Monday, September 12, 2011

This Morning at the Lake

These videos are from my trip to the lake this morning.  Spent more time looking around than I did fishing.
The first video is of my favorite springtime crappie spot.  Where I was standing to shoot the video is usually about 6-8 ft deep.  The rocky bank is like crappie heaven in the spring.  The little bit of water you see in the video is only inches deep.
The next video is of the first beaver I've ever seen in the wild. I've seen evidence of them before, but this is the first one I've ever come across. At first I couldn't tell what it was. Thought it might be a gator. Then I thought it might be a nutria until I saw its tail. I chased him some with the trolling motor, then he slapped his tail against the top of the water and dove. He resurfaced a bit later and seemed to be doing the same thing I was this morning, just wandering around dismayed at the low lake level and wondering when it was going to rain again.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.