Friday, May 9, 2014

Feliz Día de la Madre


My Mom taught me to be on time.

My Mom taught me to finish what I start.

My Mom taught me to do mental math and geometric proofs.

My Mom taught me to keep a jar of bacon grease in the refrigerator.

My Mom taught me to appreciate black pepper and green chile.  Most of her dishes have large doses of one or the other.  If you eat supper at her house you're probably gonna sweat.

Mom took me to church.  Every Sunday and Wednesday.  Even when I didn't want to.  Leslie's mom did too, and now we take our kids to church.  Every Sunday and Wednesday.  Even when they don't want to.

My Mom taught me to "just blow it off" and keep on keeping on when I get frustrated by circumstance.

My Mom taught me to grow things.
  
My Mom told me that I've got to learn to use a little tact.  I'm still working hard on that one.

My Mom taught me that whether you are chopping weeds with a hoe or pulling them, if you don't get the roots then you're not really doing any good.  That lesson can be carried into many other areas of life.

My Mom taught me to tell stories beginning from the middle and work out from there.  
 
My Mom taught me to love that hour or two in the morning before everyone else in the house gets up.  Whether I'm visiting her house or she is visiting mine, those are my favorite times with my Mom.

My Mom doesn't like having her picture taken and neither do I, and neither does Jonesy (the 9 yr old version of my mom).  I had to search all over my internets to find a picture of my me and my mom and this one's almost 3 years old.  Thanks, Wayne.
I know it's been a challenge being my mother.  Thanks, Mom, for loving me, teaching me, sticking with me, and forgiving me.  Thanks for being my Mom.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.