Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My New Hobby

The girls and I went on a night fishing adventure last Friday.  We went down to the lake just before sundown to set up.  I keep a plastic tub hidden in the bushes down there with extra rods and tackle to keep me from having to carry so much back and forth.  It'd been about a month since I had messed with it, and I found some squatters had moved in......


I like honey and I have so much extra time on my hands so I've decided to become a beekeeper and attempt to adopt this swarm.  In preparation I've ordered one of those veil hat things and I've been watching lots of beekeeping-how-to youtubes.  The differences in the ladies from  Michigan and England versus the guys from Alabama and Mississippi are interesting.  I think I get the general idea.  The Africanized bees are intimidating.  Not sure what I've got. 
We didn't fish long. We only had a limited supply of fishing rods and tackle since the bees had commandeered our box, but Jonesy did catch this big drum.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.