Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Freestyle Blogging

Many thanks to my bride for taking up the slack and posting lots of captioned pictures from the last few months while I've been off not blogging somewhere.
Looks like I'm going to be stuck in this hotel all day so I decided it would be a good day for some freestyle blogging.

Just turned on the TV and the talking heads are reviewing the election results and giving their opinions on why people voted the way they did.  I don't know about the rest of the country, but here are a few reasons I didn't/don't vote for democrats:

*I'm allergic to whining.
*The message I hear from them is: You aren't smart enough to take care of yourself, you need us to take care of you.  You need us to take care of your money, your health, and your children because you are incompetent.
*They encourage people to see themselves as victims rather than over comers.  
*They're always declaring, "That's not fair!"  (My children get a bar of soap in their mouths when they say that at our house.)
*As a white male I'm told by democrats that it's probably my fault, no matter what it is.  I'm probably a racist suffering from homophobia whether I realize it or not.  Oh, and I probably beat my wife and neglect my kids.
*I've read the book of Proverbs and can recognize the difference between wisdom and foolishness.

If a republicans are going to win the presidency in 2016, they've got to put up a better candidate than McCain or Romney.  Give the people someone to vote for rather than just some stiff in a suit who's not a democrat.  I like Ted Cruz, but I think he'd be more effective in the senate than the White House.  Maybe Scott Walker 2016?  Please don't give us Jeb Bush.

Okay.  That's all for politics.

Two nights ago, 30 minutes after the girls had gone to bed, I went back upstairs to tell them to be quiet and get to sleep.  This is not unusual. 30 minutes later I had to go up again and found all three of them sitting on one bed with the lamp on reading and talking.  I was frustrated and didn't know what to say, so I said nothing, and shut the door.  Yesterday morning I woke them up by turning on all the lights, yanking the covers off, and singing The Song That Never Ends about 20 times through.  Loudly while dancing.  When they were all awake and staring at me with really Dad? eyes I gave them the speech about making better decisions and getting enough rest for school.  What I didn't tell them was how happy it makes me to have three daughters that love to stay up late talking to one another.  They often fuss and fight during the day, but bedtime is that magic hour when they are sisters and best friends and share their silliness, fears, and dreams with each other.

I'm struggling with remembering to only hit the spacebar once after a period. I read an article the other day that said you're only supposed to use one space and that only old-fashioned idiots who learned to type on typewriters use two spaces. Maybe my use of two spaces after periods is why
Time of the Preacher has yet to go viral even after being on the internets for 7+ years.

Milam is finally smiling.  He has a lot to smile about.  All he can eat buffet.  Lots of brothers and sisters that love him.

West and Loden are great big brothers.  Interesting to watch how each of the kids fall into their own role in the household dynamic.

Leslie is awesome.  I genuinely enjoy being married to her.  Even if I were a wife-beater she never gives me a reason.  I told the girls the other day that I hope they can land husbands that love them as much as I love their mama.  They act embarrassed when I say stuff like that, but in a world of shifting sand I know that they feel secure in the anchor of home and a mom and dad that love them and love each other.




No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.