Friday, November 20, 2009

Fall Outing

There was frost on the ground when we got up Wednesday morning, but the sun was shining and I didn't have to go to work until later that afternoon so I took Jones and Georgia on an outdoor adventure.
We went to Miller Springs, where water from Belton Lake is released through the dam and moves on down the Leon river. Because of the rains we've had over the last month they were releasing at a pretty good clip. You can see the current moving in the pictures.
This was the best outing I've ever had taking both of the girls at the same time. No fussing, fighting, arguing, or complaining. Georgia cried once when she got her hook stuck in her thumb, but I might have done the same under similar circumstances.
The sun warmed things up and created a beautiful fall day. We saw buzzards, blue herons, and cardinals. We snacked on apples, muffins, M&Ms, popcorn, animal crackers, and kool-aid. We found a giant tree that was so tall it went "all the way to the top of the sky!" Georgia collected rocks. Jones collected snails and crickets. We even caught a catfish that we took home for our lunch.
Good times.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin, you are such a good dad! I have to say that you were "meant" to be a father from the start. ;) Have a happy Thanksgiving!

The Northrups said...

What a sweet day!

Mark and Destin Brannon said...

I am so pumped that dads still take their daughters fishing! That was my favorite thing EVER when I was little. Actually, I still kinda like it.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.