Monday, April 12, 2010

In way of an update......

I’ve been working a lot, and after a slow winter worrying about being cut-off I am thankful for it.
This is my favorite time of year. The blue bonnets and other wildflowers have been putting on a show. It’s not too hot yet, and when I haven’t been working, I’ve been fishing. The next couple of months are booked solid with visitors and fun activities.

My sister and Bro. John’s firstborn made his arrival on Easter Sunday. Henry John Delony. A fine strapping lad from all I’ve heard.

West Huckaby should make his debut the first week of June. And in tribute to him and his name I thought I’d share a bit from an Elmer Kelton book I was reading last night:

“He had no clear idea where he was riding to. In the Texas free-range days of the ‘80’s, a man seeking fresh grass usually drifted in a westerly direction. He might veer a little northward, or southward, but the main direction was always West, for that was where the “new” was, where a man could cut a fresh deck and hope for a new deal all around.”


We don’t have any pictures to post because I’ve lost the cord that connects the camera to the computer. I’ll try to find it today.

I’ve been reading less and have taken up crossword puzzles. I’m sure it’s just a phase, but I’ve become addicted to them. They’ve pointed out a lot about what I know and don’t know. It’s pointed out the diversity of culture in our nation. The real diversity, not the garbage that they’re teaching in our schools and workplaces these days. I struggle with clues about paintings and Hollywood folks. I do well with synonyms and antonyms. I’m getting better and the other day I completed the New York Times puzzle (the hardest of the daily papers’ puzzles).

Someone asked me the other day how frequently I updated my blog and I had to answer that I had been slacking lately. I’ll try to do better.

This week’s song is Merle Haggard’s Natural High. I heard it on the radio the other day and remembered how much I love my wife. I hadn’t forgotten, but songs have a way of helping remind us of things.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.