Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Finding treasure and SongS of the Week

We’ve been doing some spring cleaning in preparation for West’s arrival and I found my old box of cassette tapes. Fortunately for me, in November 1995 this box was in my car and was one of the few things I owned that didn’t burn up in the Johnson Hall blaze. I put the box in my pick-up and listening through them all has brought back a lot of memeories.

Since I’ve missed a couple of weeks updating the song of the week, I’d like to make up for it today by posting a few of the highlights that I've found in the box.

Sheila, the Leroy van Dyke tape is yours, and you can have it back if you want it.



Brant, Steal Away is for you. Sorry this clip isn't Meistersingers 1995, but it was the best I could find.



My folks took me to see Alabama in Portales, NM when “Dixieland Delight” was one of their most recent hits. It’s still my favorite song of theirs. It was my first concert. I don’t remember much of it, but thanks for taking me, Mom and Dad.



For those of you who are unfamiliar with Jerry Clower, listen to this story, and I’ll bet you that sometime in the next few months you will here somebody say, “Knock him out, John!” and now you’ll know where it comes from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the fire in 1995???

Justin said...

Yes, it was. Thank you, Ms. Anonymous. I'm guessing that you are a Ms. because 96% of multiple puctuaters and 99.92% of exclamation point users are female.
I'm studying to be a profiler for the Mexican government.

Anonymous said...

You are correct!!! I am a Ms...You made me smile:) :) :) Practice the profiling!!!...age???... height???Weight???...education?????..employment???religious beliefs///political???;;;etc.,etc.,etc.,

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.