Friday, March 23, 2012

Buzzards and Eagles

While we were cleaning fish yesterday evening, Annie pointed at a buzzard circling above and said, "Look, an eagle!"  Jonesy and I both quickly corrected her and told her that it was just a buzzard.  On the train today I was thinking about that and realized how important it is for me as a father to teach my children the difference between buzzards and eagles.  I started thinking in metaphors and praying that my daughters learn to be discerning, to love and be kind to all, but to know a buzzard when they see one.

We had a good time fishing.  The weather is beautiful, the lake is full, and the blue bonnets are blooming.  We are blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way your mind works, Justin! You are a wise man and a great father!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.