Thursday, September 25, 2008

WWTRD?


Last night we visited a local church and I attended the men's class. I don't know what they had been studying, but they are considering beginning a new series on manhood.
Last night we watched a 42 minute video that introduced a study of authentic manhood, and then the class sat around for twenty minutes and discussed whether or not they wanted to do this series, how they would split up small group and discussion time, how watching the video in the evening might cause them to fall asleep, etc......
On the one hand, I was glad that they recognize that the topic needs addressing, on the other I was frustrated that some of them seemed to have missed the point.
All during their discussion I wanted to shake and yell at them, "YOU are the ones the guy on the video was talking about!!!"
If you know me, you probably already know my feelings and passion on this issue. If you've stumbled upon this blog and don't know me, but would like to know how I feel about it, email me, or come go fishing with me for a day or two and we can talk then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teddy Roosevelt would ask for a series of posts about Ryan Scott...like a monthly series about nothing but RVS.

Anonymous said...

the series is good.........I think Teddy Roosevelt would find RVS very unusual - like the Japenese.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.