Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Making of Memories







We're now four days into vacation '08. We've had some good times with some good friends.

Spent the last few days in Lubbock, my home from 1994-2001. Went to church on Sunday and saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in many, many moons. Most of my time there was spent with Nathan, my good friend and founding father of Whetstone Boys Ranch.

For the last three years I've had the opportunity to spend opening day of dove season with Nathan. I've not done an official survey, but I believe that in Texas, more people observe this holiday in the fasion that it was intended to be observed than any other. Lots of people give and get on Christmas, but how many actually take time during that day to ponder that the Creator of the world "made Himself of no reputation,....and was made in the likeness of men..."? How many honor our fallen soldier on Memorial Day? How easy is it to find a good watermelon in February? But walk outside just after sunrise on September 1st and you'll hear it. The sound of freedom in the air, the sound of Winchester and Remington turning a profit. May God continue to bless us so richly.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.