Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'll Try


Some of you have heard me comment on this before, but I heard this song again yesterday morning on the way to work and it was brought to my mind again.....
In 1995 Alan Jackson released a song called "I'll Try". I was in college and was pretty smart at the time and thought it was one of the dumbest songs I'd ever heard. My thinking was, "instead of saying you'll try, why don't you promise that you will."
Thirteen years later....."I'm married with three daughters of my own" and now I realize that he knew what he was talking about when he wrote that song. I know a lot of guys who promised to love, honor, and cherish, but quit trying and their marriages fell apart. I never read Rick Warren's "Purpose Drive Life", but I've browsed it and I think the general idea was that you have to live life on purpose, with intent, not just float around and expect things to work out. I think Mr. Jackson understood this concept. Marriage is not easy, it's not always romantic, it takes work, patience, and forgiveness......lots of trying.
If you are unfamiliar with the song and would like to hear it click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifOSMMqWCdY

1 comment:

LisaN said...

I haven't heard the song, and we have YouTube blocked so I won't go to the trouble to listen to it now, and we don't have a child on the outside of my belly yet, but amen to all that anyway!
Lisa

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.