Tuesday, February 10, 2009

College Days





While swinging outside this afternoon, Jones commented that she was so excited to go to school, for her birthday and for Christmas!
Then later while I was cooking supper, Jones and Georgia were doing their lesson at the kitchen table, when all of a sudden Jones bursts into tears. Real tears are flowing. She is finally able to tell me that she doesn't want to move far, far away to go to college, but that she wants to live with me and daddy. She runs to her room and shuts the door. Sweet sister Georgia takes off after her saying "It's ok Jonesy", and is then upset because she can't open the door. I go to find that Jones is leaning up against their bedroom door. I finally get her to move and we are able to talk. I finally convince her that college is a long, long time away and she is not even five yet. She wiped her face said ok and then went to play Little People with Georgia and Annie. The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious! I don't even think Ally knows what college is. LOL!

The Northrups said...

I feel a strange kinship with Jones after hearing that story... have I ever told you about how as a third grader my mom found me crying because I was worried about getting cholera?

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.