Saturday, February 21, 2009

Toilets



On Thursday, the girls had a baby sitter for the evening. I had a fantastic evening out to dinner with a bunch(15 ) of girlfriends. This is the first time I have had a paid sitter for all three. Here is how the evening went:
-Annie was crying as I left, so they went to the backyard to swing.
-They had pizza, bell peppers and apples for supper.
-Jones had to tell her where the plates and cups were located.
-The baby sitter decided to have a DP with her supper and shared with Jones and Georgia.
-Georgia spilled hers on accident and they cleaned up the mess.
-Georgia was given a refill of DP and then spilled it on purpose and began licking it off the table and pretending she was a dog.
-Sitter cleaned the table again and then gave Georgia a cup with water in it and to that Georgia replied "that's ok, I don't want anything to drink, I 'm not thirsty, may I be excused".
-Georgia had her cup taken away.
-Jones ate two pieces and several bell peppers and apple slices. No accidents.
-Annie had to be carried the whole time or she cried.
Pajama time! The following accounts are all being done at the same time.....
-Jones goes to our bedroom, takes off her clothes and puts them in the basket and is running through the house yelling " Hip Hip Hooray, God made all of us!" (She does this every night)
-Annie is on the floor crying.
-Georgia has now been on the bathroom for awhile.....putting half a roll of paper in the toilet...and yes, it overflowed.
-I get a phone call asking what should she do. This girl's mom is sitting across the table from me and the whole room got quiet to hear my side of this phone conversation and then everyone is laughing as they figure out what is going on. The mom is just saying over and over "I 'm so sorry". My reply, just put towels down and I'll take care of it later.

The rest of the evening went great, story time and to bed was with no problems. She said she would come back! Too bad she leaves for ACU in the fall :( She did a great job, although she wasn't sure she would make it out of that 10 minutes.
Georgia was still awake when she left, but the other two were asleep as told. When I went in to clean up after she left and I got Georgia back in bed, I found half of the new roll missing and the rest of the roll wet and in the trash can.

THEN, last night we went to a small group. These people have a two story house and the top floor is where the kids rooms are and that where the kids spent the evening. Jones came and got me twice saying that Georgia has been in the bathroom too long. Both times I held my breath going up the stairs afraid of what I was going to find. But, both times were uneventful, just playing and filling up a canteen. Then, at the end the kids were coming down to leave and Georgia's hair and shirt are all wet. She said she was "doing" her hair. Someone asked her how did she get it wet, her reply "I just leaned over into the water in the potty" UGH I thought maybe she was just joking, but when we got home and I asked her again she replied again that she was at Esther's small potty. She took a bath immediately!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! Not too long ago we had to call a plumber when all of the plumbing at our house was clogged and even renting a 75 foot snake and then pouring plumbing acid down the pipes didn't work. The plumber found that the culprit was an entire package of baby wipes that had been flushed down the kids toilet and was lodged in the pipes out by the alley. I don't know how it even flushed in the first place. :)

The Northrups said...

Oh my - that is wonderful! How fascinating potties can be :-)

LisaN said...

I loved this. I am starting to wonder if I will ever "get it together" with a child... and now I realize I just need to let go of control and develop my sense of humor! Thanks Les. :-)

Valisa said...

Absolutely hysterical. You always talk about how Georgia is your crazy one, but it's fun to hear stories that back it up. I bet Justin does laugh his head off when he hears these stories.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.