Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my Y chromosome kicked in

I didn’t celebrate MLK day the way it should be celebrated (see MLK Day 2009), but it was a good day anyway. The sonogram confirmed that we are having a boy. I already knew that (see Nov 30th’s post), but not everyone believed me. West Huckaby Brown is his name.
West for The West. The idea of open spaces, room to be and become. For all of those (including many of our great-grandparents) who left what they knew to go to a place they had never seen with the faith and hope that something better was there to be had.
Huckaby is my paternal grandmother’s maiden name.
You can call him West, or Huck, or W.H. I guess I’ll have to wait until he gets here to settle on one.

I’m still working. I didn’t think I would last this long without being furloughed, but it’s looking like I may not be cut off after all. Thanks be to the Lord.

Leslie and I went to see Avatar in 3-D last night. The 3-D part was neat, but I thought it was just an okay movie. As we watched, I was continually reminded of what a great movie Dances with Wolves was and still is. Same plot, much better movie, even without 3-D.

The girls are leaving for Amarillo tomorrow. I might go fishing.

I haven’t decided on this week’s song yet, but I’ll post it tomorrow.

Via con Dios.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I believed you when you knew he was a boy before it was confirmed. I knew Branson was a boy and Ella was a girl before we "found out" too. I love his name also! Good job, guys!

LisaN said...

Yay, a boy! Boys are way fun. Girls probably are, too, but I know about boys being fun from personal experience. So excited for you guys!

Noel Green said...

soooo happy for you!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.