Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Song of the Week

This weeks song is Merle Haggard’s “The Way I Am” performed by Jamey Johnson, one of my favorite artists out there right now. I think he’s the Willie Nelson of the 21st century in that he’s written more hits for other people than he’s had himself and will likely never go mainstream, but will be the guy everyone else wishes they could be. He’s at the top of my list of people I’d like to see live.
This song has been on my mind for the past few weeks, sort of a theme song for my current life and employment situation.

“The Way I Am”

Wish I was down on some blue bayou,
With a bamboo cane stuck in the sand.
But the road I'm on, don't seem to go there,
So I just dream, keep on bein' the way I am.
Wish I enjoyed what makes my living,
Did what I do with a willin' hand.
Some would run, but that ain't like me.
So I just dream and keep on bein' the way I am.

The way I am, don't fit my shackles.
The way I am, reality.
I can almost see that bobber dancin',
So I just dream, keep on bein' the way I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good song! Now I'm going to have to look this guy up because I haven't heard of him before and you've peaked my interest.
Any news on your son yet?

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.