Wednesday, January 6, 2010

...and here's what's going on today...

Georgia got up early this morning and we made muffins for breakfast. They were from a mix labeled wild berry muffins, but she dropped the berry part and it makes me laugh to hear her telling her sisters and mother that she made Wild Muffins.

We are almost a week into January and I still have a job. Hopefully I’ll be able to hang on for another week or two. That would leave just 6 weeks until March, after which I shouldn’t have to worry about holding a job for the rest of my career.
I think we’ve made the decision that I am just going to stay here during the time I am furloughed. I turned in my application to substitute teach with the Belton ISD, and should start doing that next week on days I don’t work at the railroad.
I’m feeling less stressed about this situation today, in the midst of it, than I was a month ago knowing it was coming. I know there have been people praying for us. Thank you, in particular, to Bill and Joyce Roberts, Irv and LouAnn White, and that old man I met at the Cracker Barrel in Ft Worth. “The prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” Right on, St. James.

Rush will be back on the radio today after being off for a couple of weeks for his holiday trip to Hawaii. I’m looking forward to hearing what he has to say about recent events.

For any of you that haven’t heard, global warming turned out to be a myth. I told you so. It’s supposed to freeze tonight and not get back above freezing until Saturday afternoon. Coldest period for our area in at least 10 years. If any of you are still in the tank with AlGore, adjusting your lingo to “man made climate change”, you are a moron.

Jones is going to celebrate her 5th birthday on Sunday. We asked her if she’d like to have a surprise party. She said she would so we are going to surprise her at the Burger King in Belton next Thursday at 2:15. You’re all invited.

One of the best lines Willie ever wrote: “Walking is better than running away, and crawling ain’t no good at all.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin, I have to compliment your attitude right now. I know how scary things can be when you have small kids that depend on you to provide for them and I have complete faith that God will provide for you and your family through these hard times. Keep on keeping on and you guys will be in my prayers too.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.