Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Love of God


A couple of years ago I sold a car.  The man I sold it to, a total stranger, was in the house while we filled out a bill of sale and the title.  Jones was 3, Georgia was almost 2, and Leslie was very pregnant with Annie.  When I apologized for the mess and chaos he said,”No, I like your home.  It feels like there is a lot of love here.  Like a family lives here.” 
That made me proud.  

I don’t like working crazy hours, but in the wee hours of the morning it feels good crawling into bed next to a woman who loves me.
Georgia gives the best hugs I’ve ever had. 
I love it when Jones takes me aside when she knows I’ve just gotten a call to go to work  and says, “Daddy, I don’t want you to go.  I want you to stay here with us.”
I love it when Annie crawls into be next to me and snuggles up cheek to cheek for a few minutes before we get up to start our day.
I’m already addicted to that electric tingly feeling I get when I hold my son in my arms.

1Jn 4:7 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. 1011 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

This week’s song is a recent recording of an old hymn that I first heard a couple of years ago.  I hope you like it.  I hope you know that God loves you.  It’s who He is and what He does.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I think you are one of the best fathers I've ever known!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.