Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bending the Song of the Week Rules

I’m not saying that there are rules to my choosing the song of the week, but I don’t usually choose a song that is a “current hit.” It is also very rare that I choose a song by a female artist. I’m not trying to be sexist or anything, it’s just an observation. I also don’t usually choose a song by someone that I don’t like as a person, or at least think I would like if I ever got the chance to know them personally.

Well, this week’s song was a number one hit last month for Miranda Lambert. She’s not nearly as repulsive as Reba, but she usually annoys me and I only like a couple of her songs.

There are places that make me feel connected, uprooted, old, young, sad, and glad all at the same time. My parents’ house, my grandparents’ houses, Pine Springs,LCU and the highways in and out of Lubbock make the shortlist. I hope you like this song and that it helps bring your shortlist to mind.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I love this song so much. I read the words to it at my Grandmother's funeral, b/c it reminded me of her and my Granddad. It's such a beautiful song! Good choice!

Valisa said...

I also love this song. I can see how you decided to "bend your rules" and pick it for the week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I have really gotten out of the loop with current country music since I almost never listen to the radio anymore and I had never heard that song before, but it was beautiful.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.