Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Back

I hesitated enough that my wife noticed.  I didn’t want to walk through that door on Saturday afternoon.  I hadn’t been indoors in five days.  Unless the inside of a nylon tent or a screened shelter full of roly-polys and pesky yellowjackets counts as indoors.  I was still wearing the same clothes I’d had on when I walked out the door on Tuesday.  They were a little ripe with the smell of fish, lake water, cookfire,  and my own natural musk.  My body was exhausted and spent, but my mind and spirit were refreshed.  So much so, that I told my wife that I could see twenty years into the past and the future with amazing clarity.  The sounds, sights, smells, and emotions of the last few hours were the same as they were when I was a boy and we packed up after a week of camping and fishing.  They were the same as I imagined them being when my grandkids would join me in the same sort of adventure.  
 It was a good vacation.
I’ll post pictures soon.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.