Thursday, January 22, 2009

Leslie's Birthday

Today is Leslie's 31st birthday.
I'd like to take this opportunity to praise my wife and tell you why I love her.
I've heard sports announcers comment on an athletes display of skill with the words, "He makes it look so easy." Well, my wife is nice to me and kind to all, and she makes it look so easy.
If she says she is going to do something or be somewhere then she will, and has so much faith in her fellow man she is confounded when others don't live up to the same standard. She smiles past my opinionated pigheadedness, indulges Jonesy's eccentricities, is patient with Georgia's strong-willed random lunacy, and dutifully gets up in the middle of the night to sooth Annie's cries and hunger pains.
She cries at Hallmark greeting card commercials. She sends lots of greeting cards.
I love her because, like Jesus, she takes good care of me and loves me in spite of my faults.

If you forgot to send a card, just leave your birthday wishes in the comment section. It's free and you can donate the $1.68 you would have spent on a card and stamp to the non-profit organization of your choice. I think you should choose Whetstone Boys Ranch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my wonderful husband. Since six years ago today, my birthday has had a new meaning, it is now a reminder of my love to you. I am delighted to be blessed with another year to love and serve you, our girls and our Lord! I love you very much!
Your wife

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Leslie! I also have to say to Justin, that was one of the nicest things I've heard said about a person. :)
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day!! Justin..i love the blog bigtime. Keep writing it man! If you guys come up to Lubbock again, I'll treat you guys to an ice cream (the kids too).

Lan

The Northrups said...

Okay - I totally thought your birthday was Tuesday - which is why I called. I even had lunch with you yesterday and didn't say Happy Birthday because I thought it was Tuesday! Yipes! And I have something for you too... guess you'll get it this weekend :-) oops!

Valisa said...

Happy belated birthday Leslie! Very nice posting.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.