Friday, January 16, 2009

Update

Still working out of Sweetwater.
Leslie and the girls have gone to Amarillo for a visit.
I've been missing my girls, but they stopped in for a while on their way up north and it's been fun hanging out with John, Sheila, and the hounds. Got to watch my former roommate, Jason Copeland, coach the ACU Wildcats to a conference win over Dad and Chris LeDoux's alma mater, ENMU. I've gotten in lots of reading and watched more TV than is probably good for me. Hopefully I'll be able to work out of Temple again soon enough to fill up the freezer when the white bass a crappie get going next month.
I've been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, mostly history and biographical stuff. When I read about TR and his excursions to far off places, Texas Rangers back when they still ranged, our U.S. soldiers when they were off fighting for us, etc..I just have to get through a few pages and they are back home again, but being separated from my girls for even short periods of time gives me a new appreciation for the sacrifices men in the past have made for the things we enjoy now.
Thanks to those of you who have commented on the blog lately. Nice to know that I'm approaching a double-digit readership. Pray that I don't let it go to my head.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.