Sunday, April 5, 2009

Canaan


Our friends Ryan and Kimber are now the proud parents of a baby boy, Canaan Scott.
Without going into too much detail, they have been patient in prayer for this for a long time. Struggling through the adoption process and other trials. A few days ago they finally received the call from Florida to come meet their son.
Though I have three children of my own, I can't imagine what it must be like to receive that call, "You child is ready, come and get him." With each of our children we had months to prepare, and since all three were induced deliveries we went to bed one night knowing that the next day Leslie would deliver our baby.
I rejoice when I think of how Canaan, his children, and his children's children will be blessed by Ryan and Kimber. It makes me think of Abram and Sarai, childless, when the Lord called Abram to pack up and go to a place he had never been to start a new life, and that generations would be blessed by them.
Below is the video/song "Canaan Bound" as written and performed by Andrew Peterson. Please watch, listen, and rejoice with Ryan, Kimber, and Canaan.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really neat! I have listened to that song a hundred times, but I got chills tonight when I listened and thought about the words you wrote. Canaan will be and already is very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, beautiful song. I love you, Justin.
-Canaan's daddy Ryan

Noel Green said...

Thank you for this, Justin

-Celeste

The Northrups said...

Awesome.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.