Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TEA Party Bell County, Texas

Taxed Enough Already Party

Jones and I attended the Tea Party in Belton this afternoon. By my best guess, probably around 1500 in attendance. I'm sure there were hundreds of thousands attending similar events across the country. I'm anxious to see what sort of media coverage these get tomorrow and what they will say our numbers were.
Jones asked me why we were going to the party and so I did my best to explain to her about our current situation, how control of our country is being taken from us, how there are some who want to ruin the United States of America, and we were going to gather at this party with a bunch of other people to tell them "NO!" She kept thinking of things that were special to her about where we live and asking me if those bad people wanted to take them. Then we ended up parking in our bank's parking lot, which she recognized, and she asked me, "Daddy, are they going to try to take our bank too?"
To which I replied, "They already did, Jonesy."

Video of the party in the video bar or at www.youtube.com/justinwilhoit

2 comments:

Justin said...

UPDATE: This morning's Temple paper said the attendance was over 2000.

Anonymous said...

I love it that you get your kids involved in this stuff even as young as they are. You're a good dad, Justin.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.