Thursday, April 2, 2009

As requested by RVS, 10 Things

Last month Ryan Scott sent an email to some of us with a list of 25 things about himself with the request that the recipients of that email come up with 25 things about themselves. I tried, but never could come up with 25. To stay with a nice round number I came up with 10:

1. I love talk radio. Rush is right and is my favorite, but I also listen to the local guy and the late night weirdos talking about UFOs and stuff.
2. I’m still paying for an education that I’m not using. I look at it as paying for the friends I found and the good times I had. Makes it worth every penny.
3. I like my job. It suits me. I don’t think I could handle an 8 to 5 with a tie and an office.
4. I don’t like February. Lots of things seem to go wrong for me during that month. They haven’t all been bad, but most of them. Disclaimer: I shook Willie’s hand in February 2003 and Annie was born in February 2008. Both very good events.
5. I’m allergic to stupidity. I can handle ignorance, retards, foreigners, rich folks, poor folks, etc… but there are some people who are just stupid and they make me really really angry.
6. I don’t like cold. I’d rather it be 100 degrees than close to freezing.
7. I like most foods, but I cannot stand avocados or curry. Both make me want to puke.
8. I like spending time with my wife. She’s nice to me. It’s why I married her.
9. I don’t watch sports anymore. Not whole games anyway. Mostly because I don’t have cable, but it just doesn’t interest me as much as it used to.
10. Most of my best friends are very different from each other, but when I think about it I realize that they have a few key things in common. They read books, they have passion for music, they love their wives, honor their parents, and can make me laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a preference for prime numbers, so let me add . . .
11. You don't have a favorite soda. Coke, root beer, Dr. Pepper, whatever. I find that to be a unique trait.

Anonymous said...

I would like to add that you are an "old spirit." I think if you had been born back in the day just how you are now you would have made a perfect real cowboy. Hopefully that's not offensive (I'm not the greatest at saying exactly what I mean), but I just think you are a hard worker and you are nothing more than just yourself-no candy coating to make things easier on other people or whatever. That makes me think of a cowboy, like Robert Duvall in "Open Range." Sorry that was so wordy.

Noel Green said...

Love this list – and this blog!

Anonymous said...

Great truths about good friends. I've never, and never will, have another friend like you.

Woody

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.