Thursday, December 31, 2009

Song of the Week and the New Year


I’m a little bit nervous about the start of 2010.  It’s highly likely that I will be furloughed in the next week or two and will probably be cut-off through the first part of March.  I’ve considered going to Houston for work, but since it should only be for 6-8 weeks we’re still weighing what I would make against the cost of travel and lodging.  I’ll probably just stay here and try to find some day labor or sell a kidney.
Leslie and I have been really focused for the last year on taking better care of our money, sticking to a budget, and getting out of debt.  Reminds me of a line from a George Strait song…”I’ll be paying the rest of my life for the few good times I had.” 
This will be a setback, but I don’t think we’ll starve. 
If we can make it through March, then we should be okay until Jones decides that she’d rather go to a university than cosmetology school.

This week’s song is also my 2010 resolution theme song.  It was a hit for John Anderson in 1981, but is seen and heard here performed by its writer Billy Joe Shaver, one of my favorite songwriters of all time.  I hope you like it.


2 comments:

Chet Snider said...

Sorry I missed you last week. We were on vacation. Good luck with all the work and figuring it out and stuff. take care buddy.
chet

The Northrups said...

Cosmetology schools will never be the same after they meet Jones Brown.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.