Monday, May 31, 2010

Book and Songs of the Week

I believe in the power of personal testimony. It is probably the most effective way of communicating the gospel.

I just finished reading Denise Jackson’s “It’s All About Him”. She’s the wife of country singer Alan Jackson and the book is the story of their life together, but more than that, it’s a personal testimony about the power of Christ working in those who would seek Him. She’s not preachy doesn’t give 5 steps to a better marriage, but writes about her experiences like the blind man that was being questioned after Jesus restored his sight. “ …. I don't know, but one thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

While reading this book over the last few days, I’ve also been listening to Alan Jackson’s music and hearing some of his songs with fresh ears. He doesn’t have to write a book. His testimony is in the songs he wrote during different periods in their life. It was hard to pick which one should be the song of the week, so I picked two.

The first is "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". It’s sort of the theme song of the book and though it wasn’t written by Alan Jackson, he and his wife testify to the truth of the lyrics.



The second is “Remember When”. What a talented songwriter to be able to capture 30 years of marriage in a four minute song.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.