Monday, May 3, 2010

Dos more days to Cinco de Mayo


I’ve not been writing much lately.  Since almost all of the subscribers to Time of the Preacher are delinquent in their subscription payments and are reading for free, I don’t feel obligated to give excuses or refunds, but I was thinking about it yesterday and came up with a few of the reasons.

#1  I haven’t been reading much and I tend to write less when I read less.  Blame it on my crossword puzzle phase.  I’m getting bored with them and am just about over it.
#2  One of the last books I did read was a book about writing.  It was an excellent book, but it also made me more self-conscious about what I was writing. 
#3  Things have been going well.  I think disgruntled people have more to say than people who are content.  I’ve been trying to be more content lately.
#4  We moved the computer to the living room.  It’s harder to type in the middle of the house than it is in a room where I can shut the door to distractions.
#5  Leslie and I finally enrolled in Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University after years of reading and listening to him.  We’ve been pretty disciplined and have been on a pretty strict budget over the last year, but actually taking the class has given us that “gazelle intensity”, so that some of the time I used to spend writing I’ve been spending working on my ciphering.  The best thing it has done for us is put us on the same page with common goals.  For those of you who have been annoyed over the years hearing people say, “Well, Dave Ramsey says….,” (Leslie was)  I’d encourage you to take the class.  I think it will benefit you no matter what your financial situation. 
 
For this week’s song of the week,  Paul Overstreet makes his second appearance here on TOTP.  Couldn’t find it on Utube, I hope this format works for you.  Let me know if it doesn’t.

1 comment:

The Northrups said...

Glad you're content :-)

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.