Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Being a husband and parent continues to teach me about God and our relationship to Him as His children and as the Bride of Christ. 
“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  1 Cor. 13:12

As Jonesy begins Kindergarten, the things that continually are on my mind are:

I hope she will behave and bring honor to us as her parents.
“Honor thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”  Deut. 5:16

I hope she will resist and turn from evil she may encounter.
            “Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.”  Psalm 34:14

I hope she will talk to us about things that go well with her and things that don’t.
“Is any among you afflicted?Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms.” James 5:13

I hope her teachers and other kids at school will see how precious she is and treat her as such. 
“But when Jesus saw it, He said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”  Mark 10:14

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.