Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lo que está pasando y la canción de la semana

I’ve been working a lot.
It’s been hot.
Jonesy starts Kindergarten soon. Makes me nervous.
Georgia is going to go to Princess Pea on Tuesdays and Thursdays like Jones did last year. I’m nervous for her teacher.
Annie makes me smile.
West is growing. Smiling more and is the best behaved of the four.
Leslie takes good care of all of us. Her behavior is pretty good most of the time.

Our good friend Bill Roberts passed away this last week. He and his wife Joyce were among the first people we met when we came to Temple. He will always stand out in my mind as a fine example of Christian manhood, although he often pointed to his faded tattoos from his Korean War days as he reminded me that he wasn’t always a Christian. He told and re-told the story of meeting his wife and how she led him to the Lord. I admired the way he loved her. A couple of years ago after a bout with some heart troubles he called me to his house and gave me all of his fishing stuff. That was one of the saddest and proudest moments of my life. Sad that he knew his fishing days were just about done. Proud that he thought enough of me to give me his tackle.

This week’s song is dedicated to Mr. Bill. It’s Vocal Union’s “Heavenly Music”. Many of you will recognize my old compañeros Cody Batten and Nick Gaultney. I haven’t seen either one of those guys in 5 or 6 years. If any of you have or do, let them know that they made TOTP. This particular line-up also features Brian the chiropractor, Gary Miller the best bass ever, and Steve Camping, my Nashville roommate for about 2 weeks until Ryan kicked him out. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you translate the title for me? I'm no good with the epanol. I'm sorry for your loss; he sounded like a great man. Also, Jones will be a great Kindergartner and Georgia's teacher will definitely learn a few things this year! If you want to talk about the girls starting school this year, I'd be happy to listen since I've been where you are. Ally starts 1st grade on Monday and Branson and Georgia sound like they may have a lot of similar qualities, namely orneryness!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.