Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SongS of the Week

I make the rules here so this week we have thr3e songs of the week. My girls and I are youtube junkies. It's a great way to expose my kids to good music. This week's songs are their favorites this week.

Annie- Her favorite song was "Shout Hallelujah" until we began singing "A New Hallelujah" at Western Hills.  Yesterday she asked to listen to this one 427 times.

Georgia-  I love doo-wop music.  It's fun.  Fun to listen.  Fun to sing.  A few days ago I clicked on The Edsel's "Rama Lama Ding Dong" and Georgia began dancing.  How can you not like a song that has lyrics like, "I've got a girl named Rama Lama Lama Lama Ding Dong..."  I think it will make your toes tap too. 

Jones- The only ZOEgirl song that I was ever familiar with was a song called "I Believe."  A few days ago, when we had finished listening to that one, Jonesy clicked on this one and now it's what she wants to hear when it's her turn to pick a song.  She doesn't dance or sing with it.  She just sits and watches and listens intently every time it plays.  This one will never make my favorites list, but I understand how a song can grab you.  Apparently, this one has grabbed Jones. When you look at the lyrics, it really has great application to her life of late, starting at a new school with lots of new people.
"You Get Me" by ZOEgirl
I may be misunderstood 'cause I wouldn't ever fake it
You're the only one who understands my pain
'cause you get me
Doesn't matter what they do what they think what they say
At the end of the day I'm okay anyway
'cause LORD you get me

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.