Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Mad

Yes, I know I fish a lot when the girls are here, but.....
I'm mad at the wind. Today makes two days since they have been gone that I've been stuck at the house on a day off instead of at the lake because of 25+ mph winds. I love to fish, but I'm not stupid so I stay off the lake when it's prudent to do so.
I'm mad at B.A.S.S. Since ESPN, aka Disney aka New York and LA waterheads, has taken it over it has gone down the tubes. I read the first 10 pages of the latest Bassmaster magazine while I ate supper and it made my blood pressure soar. They don't seem to understand that unlike PBR, NASCAR, and NFL fans, fans of fishing would rather be participants than spectators. I understand that magazines make money through advertising, but I'm tired of the articles being all about the celebrity of the anglers and product promos rather than instruction and interesting stories.
I'm mad at our government and the O'Bama worship that our media is still engaging in. However, it seems that the leaders of Europe are going to give him a dose of reality this week. When the French president is making more sense than ours, our country is in pretty bad shape.

I'm glad that I live close enough to several lakes that I can go fishing when the weather allows, I'm glad that I have family and friends that I can talk with about fishing without being sold something. I'm glad that I live in Texas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on being frustrated with all this "Obama worship" and I too am proud to be a Texan!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.