Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summertime

I decided a couple of years ago that I would never again go to the lake on Memorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day. Memorial Day is the worst of them all. Too many idiots in one place at the same time. I got home from work around 5:30 yesterday morning and was really tempted to go, but I resisted the temptation. Some guys eat right and exercise to keep their hearts healthy, I eat what I want and try to avoid situations that make my blood boil. Instead we went to town and ate at the Mexican joint, came home for a nap, and then spent the afternoon in the back yard. (See the video below)

I went fishing on Stillhouse this morning and only saw a handful of boats on the water. Good morning to be on the lake. This was the first fish I caught.

"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
Count your blessings name them one by one...."

Work has been slow, but I still have a job and have had lots of time to fish and spend with my girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good holiday! Annie's little bottom cracked me up! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your girls are getting a healthy dose of Baywatch and HGTV.:)

Sheila

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.