Wednesday, July 29, 2009

blogger vs facebook

Have you ever Googled yourself? If you just search for Justin Brown Texas you might discover that I could be….
A lawyer- lawyers.legalhelpmate.com/TX-Lawyer-Justin-Brown-238865.aspx
A doctor- neurosurgery.wustl.edu/...nsf/attachments/forms/.../BrownCV.pdf
A preacher- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_dzG6Y6_6Y
An NFL draft prospect- www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/justin-brown?id=89692

If someone just got that far with it and mistakenly thought I had become any of those things that would be okay with me. If he were to add things like San Angelo, Lubbock Christian, Temple, BNSF, or any of my girls’ names to the search, then he could find this blog and contact me.

I’ve never been on the cutting edge of cool. I got into this blogging stuff just as it was losing coolness ground to facebook. My cool wife, Leslie, is a facebooker, as are many of you. It’s interesting to me and Leslie lets me peek in on things she finds interesting, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever become a facebooker. I heard it's losing marketshare to tweeting anyway. I think I’ll stick with blogging.

I like writing and I’m full of opinions, and this is a good outlet for that. I also blog for my girls as a sort of chronicle of their upbringing. I’d like to give them a book of printed copies of our posts when they leave home. If I were to depart this life before our adult children or grandkids thought to ask my opinion on an issue, perhaps they could find it or at least deduce (or is it induce, Mom?) it from my posts.

2 comments:

LisaN said...

Yup, that about sums up our feelings over here, too. :-)

Brandon said...

I like to be on the cutting edge or just beyond. That is why I am moving from Twitter to handwriting letters and putting them in the mailbox. It's the next big thing.

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.