Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Loving Her is Easy

I’ve been working a lot the last several weeks.  Being gone for anywhere from 8 hours to a couple of days, then coming home and only getting about 10 hours off before the phone rings and having to go back again.  I know my working so much has been tough on Leslie, and not just because she’s been deprived of having me in her bed every night.  When I’m at work it means that I’m not washing dishes, fixing breakfast, dropping off or picking up from school.  The chores that we generally share end up being done by just her.  I know that I could not win the bread and bring home the extra bacon if my wife were not working extra too.  I’d like to take this opportunity to say that I appreciate my wife and what she does.  The paychecks have my name on them, but she earns them too. 

This week’s song is for my wife.  Written by Kris Kristofferson, one of the greatest lyricists of all time, and seen here performed by him and Willie at a Highwaymen concert. (You can see JR Cash and Waylon doing backup)  Loving Leslie was and still is pretty easy.

“Loving Her Was Easier”
I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountains in the skies.
Aching with the feeling of the freedom of an eagle when she flies.
Turning on the world the way she smiled upon my soul as I lay dying.
Healing as the colors in the sunshine and the shadows of her eyes.

Waking in the morning to the feeling of her fingers on my skin.
Wiping out the traces of the people and the places that I've been.
Teaching me that yesterday was something that I never thought of trying.
Talking of tomorrow and the money, love and time we had to spend.

Loving her was easier than anything I'll ever do again.

Coming close together with a feeling that I've never known before, in my time.
She ain't ashamed to be a woman, or afraid to be a friend.
I don't know the answer to the easy way she opened every door in my mind.
But dreaming is as easy as believing that it's never gonna end.

Loving her was easier than anything I'll ever do again.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.