Wednesday, November 24, 2010

so the reverse is flip-flopped, per se, if you will...???

I wasn’t happy when I found out who I was working with last night.  The guy is a moron and usually really gets on my nerves.  Ever been around someone who wears out clichés?  Or someone who misuses phrases or gets them so twisted up that you really have no idea what the thought was they were trying to convey? 
After I got to work, I decided that I’d better change my attitude or it would be a long miserable night.  I decided to be entertained by his senselessness instead of being annoyed by it, and started jotting down some of the things he said.  I tried to write them exactly as he said them so I could bring a few of them here for you.

After getting of the phone with his brother-in-law and receiving the news that his wife’s sister was divorcing and that his now soon to be ex-brother-in-law would not be at Thanksgiving-
“Bottom line is I got some pissy-ass Cheerio’s here.  I’m just like….man, this sucks.”
(Yes, I got to listen to all of the family drama back-story, but it was too much to write.)

About 30 minutes after a convenience store stop-
“Man, that Columbian dark roasted coffee I drank got me f**ed up! (pause) Well, not f**ed up.  Hyped up.  That’s it.  That Columbian got me hyped up!”

Discussing whether the heavy freight volumes we have been experiencing the last few months will continue into next year-
“It kinda like a pre-forecast of what it’s gonna be like.”

After we spent 6 hrs bringing a train the last 35 miles to Temple and into the freight yard, something that could and should normally take as little as 90 minutes-
“We been T-boned, man.  And I don’t mean the good T-bone.  I mean the one that bruises.”
…then a few minutes later after a period of silence…
“Coffee ran out, man.  Or I think my damn battery blew a cell.  I don’t know.”

I’ll try to bring more quotes when I work with this guy again.

No comments:

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.