Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard







On Thursday, the girls and I drove from Temple to Amarillo and my dad and Frances drove from Aztec to Amarillo. We were meeting up to celebrate and meet Conner Lee Hilton. The weather for the drive was about 78 degrees. When I got to Amarillo about 7pm the temperature was 71. This Friday morning, the temp was 21 and a wind chill of -7. It has snowed all day and we have not left my mom's house. My dad and Frances are staying at a hotel and they did make it to Colby's for the day and back to the hotel safely. They had a good day with baby Conner! Steve placed two pin wheels in the yard and we watched as they slowly disappeared under the snow(You can see them in one of the pictures , a red and a blue). And the rest of our day consisted of story times, kitchen play, blocks, coloring, playing ball, dress up, naps, eating, and bundling up to go out side for approx. 2 minutes. Jones and Georgia stayed on the front porch and that was just enough to satisfy their urge to play in the snow. At 7:30 pm, it is still snowing and mom's yard measures about 8-10inches of snow. There are snow drifts that are much taller. Hopefully, the sun will shine tomorrow and the girls and I can meet our new nephew and cousin and see dad and Frances! But, until then we are having fun with mom and Steve!

2 comments:

LisaN said...

That is just so crazy! My parents told me last night about the blizzard warning, and I just laughed. But today when I talked to my brother and he told me he had 4-foot snowdrifts in the backyard, I was impressed. Just a little bitty taste of Alaska for you guys. ;-)

Welcome to the world, Conner Lee!

The Northrups said...

How fun for everyone! And it's nice that it happens at someone else's house and when you can come back and welcome spring :-)

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.