Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jones Inflates My Ego

Leslie and Jamie took the girls to the Beltonian Theater yesterday to see "Bolt". I went fishing.
After we all got home, Jones and I were working in the garden and had the following exchange.

JB- "Jonesy, what was that movie about?"
JMcB- "Well, there was a girl and she had a dog and then a bad man took her father."
JB- "That sounds sad. Would you be sad if someone took me?"
JMcB- silent
JB- "Would you come look for me and try to get me back?"
JMcB- 10 more seconds of silence, then "Well, I don't really think they could take you. You're too strong."
JB- "You think I'm pretty strong?"
JMcB- "Yeah. If they tried to take you, you could just dead 'em."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love the way kids think!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, in response to your comment, no we're not going to make it to Luke's party. Disappointed, but our big trip basically did us in. It would have been nice if we would have been able to see you though. Too bad we're not close enough to get our kids together. ;)

The Northrups said...

Little girls and daddies - and it doesn't change. I can't imagine my dad getting captured, either. What a blessing it is for alittle girl to have a daddy who could just "dead'em" :-)

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.