Saturday, December 5, 2009

Reader Profile #2

In addition to the Song of the Week feature, I’ve also been intending to resume a series of posts profiling different TOTP readers. I began, or rather had intentions of beginning, this series last November when I did a post about Ryan Scott. For those of you who are new to TOTP or if you’d just like to review, you can find that one in the archived posts section, Nov. 8, 2008.
I’ll try to do my best to profile a different reader each week. If you’d like to know what I really like to think about you, let me know and I’ll move you up to the top of my list of to-be-profiled. If you don’t want to be profiled, I’ll probably do it anyway and you can just be mad about it.

If you ever read the comments section of TOTP you will notice that Carrie Tungate is the most frequent commenter. Or is it commentator? Or commentess? Must not be commentess because I got a red squiggly line under it when I typed that which usually means that I misspelled it or it isn’t a word. Sorry, Betty Friedan.
Anyway, without Carrie’s permission, I’m going resume this series with her.

With the exception of my sister, Carrie is the nearest to a female version of my personality that I’ve ever met. She is one of those rare wives that doesn’t annoy the friends of her husband. It’s my opinion that she is a good wife and mother because she is a good daughter, reinforcing in me the importance of raising my daughters in such a way that they will one day be good wives and mothers themselves.
I’m thankful for her friendship with my sister and that she has become a friend to my wife as well. I’m glad she married Adam and takes good care of him.
Carrie can sing, and I’m glad that she shares her gift of song with the rest of us. I had the privilege of recording some songs with her for my sister’s wedding. She also did the background vocals on Delony’s platinum selling, Room for Improvement. She is a member, along with her father, of Lone Prairie. You can see one of their performances in the utube clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5uIHo-4iA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND-She joined us on our weekend road trip to Nashville.Good times.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Justin! What huge compliments you've given me. I tend to have opinions about almost everything, but am pretty much speechless here. Thanks and I'm glad I don't get on your nerves! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Carrie was also the greatest pledge week date in the history of pledge week. Everybody else was making their Kappa dates do stupid and degrading things...but I liked and respected Carrie (and Adam, her future husband) too much to do that to her and told her to relax. She did, I did, and we had a great time. Good profile choice, J.
-Ryan

Anonymous said...

Speaking of pledging, who can forget how well she embraced her role as Pledge Master? Yikes!

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.