Monday, December 14, 2009

Reader Profile #3

This week’s reader profile is of a trio rather than an individual. I’m not sure how much they keep up with TOTP. I don’t think they’ve ever commented on-line, but they have each delivered comments in person from time to time, so I know they check in once in a while.

Our congregation at Western Hills is blessed with a trio of full time ministers. And not one jughead in the bunch. I like them all as individuals and they really compliment each other as a group.

It is one of those situations where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, although each part is quite impressive in his own right. The most impressive thing about them as a group is that they genuinely like each other and each respects the roles the others play in the life of our church family.

Scott Meyers, our Senior Minister, does the preaching. I once heard that there are two kinds of preachers: Those who know what they want to preach about so they study to find pieces of scattered scripture to support their point, and there are those who preach on the scriptures they have been studying. I prefer the latter and Bro. Meyers fits the bill.

There are a lot of morons in the youth ministry business and I’m proud to say that Brandon Baker is not one of them. He doesn’t have silly highlights in his hair, doesn’t plan ski trips, and doesn’t isolate himself or our youth from the rest of the church.

Scott Seela, our children’s minister, was one of the first people we met when we moved to Temple. My kids admire him so much that they take turns pretending to be “Mr. Scott” as they lead our house in songs from our home stage, a.k.a. the fireplace.

There is a link in the side bar if you'd like to learn more about these guys or Western Hills.

4 comments:

Fayegan said...

How right you are Justin

Brandon said...

Great, now I have to cancel my hair appt for highlights.

Scott Seela said...

Thank you Justin. I appreciate you and your family!

Scott said...

Thanks Justin, I am grateful you and your family are a part of the Western Hills Church.
Grace & Peace
Scott

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.