Friday, February 19, 2010

My Husband Rocks~Van

God has been taking good care of us! I have been to three different Firestones in the past month. The first for a balance and rotation. Afterwards they told me I needed struts. The second time was to the Belton Firestone because the quoted me a cheaper price for the struts, but they said my struts were fine and not needing to be replaced. The third time was in Amarillo. I went in for a low tire and there was a nail in it, but they had taken all my tires off and told me I needed new brake pads. I called Justin and we declined. Justin drove the van this past Sunday and said he thought we might check out the brakes. Justin took my van in to Just Brakes on Tuesday for them to check it out for new brakes and it turns out I did need new brakes plus other stuff! The outer tie rods were extremely loose, the axle was worn, (calipers) pistons were sticking, the cylinders were leaking, and the drums, rotors, shoes and pads were also replaced. Most of the repairs were on the right side. I had been braking with the left front, partial right front, left rear and none on the right rear and we were close to having a wheel break. We are still having to watch for the ABS light and I have to brake carefully and pretty far back. Apparently they clean off all the sensors it is throwing the ABS a little. But, they assured me it was safe to drive. Next Tuesday I will get a new windshield so the van will passs inspection next month. And to think that we had been to Austin, Amarillo, and Odessa/San Angelo. Yikes and Whew. Thank you God for protecting this family!

So, all of this to say, Thank you Justin for taking care of the van issues that are required to keep us legal and safe! I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad all your travels were safe! What kind of van do you drive?

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.